7th International Simuliidae Symposium, September 5th-8th 2016.
Presentación:On behalf of the Organizing Committee, it is our great pleasure and honour to invite you to participate in the 7th International Simuliidae Symposium, which will take place from 5-8 September 2016 in Zaragoza, Spain. The conference is organized by the Universidad de Zaragoza (UNIZAR) with the help of Fundación Empresa-Universidad de Zaragoza (FEUZ).
This Symposium continues the tradition of providing an open forum for presentation and discussion in the field of black fly. The purpose of the conference is to gather together researchers and technicians from all around the world in order to exchange their experiences and ideas of the latest advances in black fly studies. The conference offers excellent networking opportunities and includes events for scientists to boost their career development.
The conference will embrace all areas of black fly research: systematics, evolution and biogeography. As well as any aspect related to the ecology, genetic and physiology of black flies. Communications on vector surveillance, economic impact and control will be issues too.
Zaragoza has a privileged geographical location and it makes it an important logistical hub and communications with over 2000 years of history and a great historical and cultural legacy. It is located about 300 km from Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Bilbao and Toulouse; besides, it is located very near of the Pyrenees.
Moreover, the city offers visitors endless opportunities to explore and enjoy. Zaragoza is famous for its folklore, local gastronomy, and landmarks such as La Basilica del Pilar, La Seo Cathedral and La Aljaferia Palace. La Seo, La Aljaferia and other several buildings take part of the Mudejar Architecture of Aragon which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you in Zaragoza in September 2016.
Monday, September 5th:
Arrival of participants and registration (at Hotel Silken Zentro lobby)
Welcome Cocktail (at Hotel Reino de Aragón)
Tuesday, September 6th:
Registration for late arrivals
Oral presentation and poster sessions
Guided tour to Palacio de La Aljaferia
Wednesday, September 7th:
Oral presentation and poster sessions
Thursday, September 8th
Provisional version. Last update: 18/01/2016
Condiciones generales o específicas:
Conference fees include documentation, USB with abstracts, brochure and city map, all the coffee breaks, all the lunches, visit to the Aljaferia palace, cultural excursion day, welcome cocktail and gala dinner.
Dates Normal fee Student fee Early registration Until June 15th 2016 175€ 140€ Late registration After June 15th 2016 225€ 175€
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Registration must be done filling the Online Registration form. One form per person.
- You will receive a reservation request after completing the form, if you do not receive it please contact with the organization: firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration fee has to be paid before the deadline for early registration; otherwise your registration fee will be updated to the current one.
- If student registration is selected please provide the proof of this category; otherwise you will be requested to pay the registration difference amount.
- Full payments are required in advance to the conference start. A confirmation email will be sent right after we receive and check the payment. Invoices will be sent during the symposium.
- All payments have to be made in Euros, please find as follow the available payment methods:
- Credit Card Online
- Bank Transfer: detailed banking information will be provided automatically by e-mail. Bank fees must be paid by the participant.
- All pending amount has to be paid at the Organizing Secretariat during the documentation delivery.
REGISTRATION CANCELLATION POLICY
- All cancellations or changes must be sent to organizing committee by email: email@example.com
- Any change of name will be dealt with as a cancellation and a new registration.
- Cancellations received up to July 15th,50% of the registration fee will be reimbursed.
- No refund will be made for cancellations received after July 15th or registered participants who fail to attend.
- No refunds will be made in case of cancelled sessions or program changes.
Early registration: Before June 15th 2016.
Deadline for abstracts submission: July 15th 2016.
Symposim dates: September 5-8th 2016.
The official language of the Symposium is English.
The meeting would embrace all areas of black fly research, including:
- Systematics, evolution and biogeography
- Ecology and behaviour
- Disease transmission
- Natural enemies and symbiotic interactions
- Economic impacts, control and management
The Organizing Committee will arrange the publication of the abstracts in a Supplement of the “The Simuliid Bulletin” journal, formally called “The British Simuliid Group Bulletin”, journal of British Simulium Group created in Britain in the 1970s.
Vincci Zaragoza Zentro Hotel
Calle del Coso, 86
50001 Zaragoza Zaragoza
Phone.: +34 976 703 300, Fax: +34 976 703 301
The Vincci Zaragoza Zentro Hotel will provide the use of its facilities for the realization of the symposium. The hotel is located in the city center of Zaragoza, in the street El Coso 86. The location is very central, 5 minutes to the Plaza de España and 5 minutes from the tapas area called “El Tubo”. The Basilica of El Pilar, The Cathedral of La Seo and the Ebro river are only 10 minutes from the hotel. Also it is possible to visit walking around the historic city center.
A conference room will be available for the presentations and the discussion at the Vincci Zaragoza Zentro Hotel. The posters will be exhibited just in front of the conference room. Coffee breaks will be celebrated at the posters area.